Kaïa Kirkbride, Copywriter for small-businesses & non-profits
I’m a Portland-based copywriter with a background in marketing, e-commerce, small business management, and creative writing. My specialty is turning raw facts into engaging content bursting with personality.
I write copy for various purposes, including social media posts, blog posts, newsletters, email campaigns, websites (landing and interior pages), and print collateral.
My writing achievements include:
- 7+ years of professional marketing experience
- 2 years of copywriting experience
- Sharing marketing tips via social media that promoted Fab Brands’ services and increased page reach by 121%
- Helping non-profits effectively articulate their cause and secure donations
- Writing weekly social media posts for tap room to increase social media engagement by 443%
- Writing monthly newsletters for a Realtor that received an above average open rate of 37.6%
- Securing Tom James an additional 52k in profits from push marketing emails that promoted a trunk show sale event
- Sigma Tau Delta 2nd Place Award for Creative Writing in 2011
- Writing 10+ original novels in my free-time.
What do I value most in my writing? Transparency and authenticity. I believe that connecting with your audience through shared values, truthful messaging, and transparent practices is the key to effective engagement and brand loyalty. That is why I love writing for non-profits and other community driven small businesses. By helping them authentically speak their truth, I help them make the world a better place. Too cheesy? Well, too bad!
How do I write effective copy? I’m a bit of a data nerd. As the daughter of a data analyst, I enjoy gathering all those nuggets of information to write well-informed, meaningful copy that engages your audience.
When I’m not writing professionally or for fun, you may find me:
- Savoring a good cup of coffee
- Walking my cat in Forest Park
- Caring for my many house plants
- Hiking the beautiful Pacific Northwest
- Treasure hunting in a thrift store
- Traveling to some far off place.
Other titles I hold:
- All-Around Creative
- Cat mom
- Coffee Snob
- Data Nerd
- Grammar Queen
- Inclusive Feminist
- Orchid Rehabilitator
- PEO Sister
- Plant Lady
- World Traveler
Send me a message to see what brand story I can help you cultivate!